Sunday, December 2, 2007

The "Small Painting" exhibit

The "small painting" exhibit yesterday was a success, many people came and a few paintings sold. The exhibit will go on for over the weekend. My contribution to the organization was making the punch. Let me tell you, if you have never made one, it gets a life of its own. Hosea suggested a "green" punch with red cherries for the holiday season. His recepie:
4 cups of sugar diluted in 2 quarts of warm water
in that dissolve 4 packs of lemon lime coolade
add 2 large cans of pineapple juice
2 liters of ginger ale
and finally
add an ice ring with the cherries.
Seemed very festive. After I bought all the ingredients everyone said blah!!!! Green punch? No no!!!!
I went on the internet, and found lots of ways to make punch. What I learned was do not add orange juice and cranberry juice, that makes a brown punch. do not make your ice ring of pineapple juice with cherries, that makes a puce colored ring, and breaks easy. Do not buy bottled juices, but frozen concentrates.
It all worked out fine, nobody complained anyway.
Here are some foto's:
The first is of two paintings by Charles Grey, I just love the way he paints.


This one is by Lynn Wrona, this painting understandably sold rightaway:














Here is a beautiful painting by Barry van Dusen:



















Finally me with one of my small lighthouse paintings:

No comments: